Our client is a centrally based restaurant in the heart of Chichester. Here, all food is freshly prepped and produced and the restaurant has an excellent seasonally changing a la carte menu which uses the best of local, sustainable and seasonal French food. This position would suit Chefs looking to learn and take the next step…
We are looking for 2 Demi Chef de Parties’.
To assist in the production of all food, ensuring we maintain the specifications as written in the recipe files.
- Promote the image of the Restaurant as a professional organisation.
- Assist with sales initiatives and promotion of the brasserie.
- Assist in the training and continuous development of the junior kitchen team to achieve their personal best. Support training initiatives in line with the business needs.
- Encourage team-work to deliver excellent standards.
- Comply with all company policies and legal requirements relating to the operations of the kitchen, ensuring good practise in all aspects of the kitchen.
- Assist in maintaining all records as required by the HACCP to ensure due diligence across the whole of the food production.
- Ensure that all equipment is functional and used according to company / manufacturer’s guidelines. Report any faults or maintenance issues promptly to the sous chef and head chef.
- Maintain the highest standards of hygiene and health & safety throughout the kitchen and comply with the legal requirements.
- Comply with all security measures to ensure the protection of guests and company property
- Lead by example:
- Cooking and preparing all items to the required standard.
- Ensuring all menu items are available at the appropriate times.
- Storing and rotating all food items to ensure the minimum wastage.
- Maintaining an appearance and attitude appropriate to the role Demi Chef.
- Ensuring all equipment is safely maintained.
Person Specification Qualifications & Training
- NVQ Level 2 in Food preparation or equivalent.
- Basic Certificate in Food Hygiene.
- Experience in a similar operation with high volume and standards orientation.
- Proven track record with a steady career progression.
- Well organised and of good presentation.
- Mature attitude and approach.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.